You're just the Best! - PTI Blog Hop



The challenge for February 2010 is find a project of any Design Team Members' blogs/galleries that is especially inspirational to you! Then recreate the project with your own spin, making it unique!

You're just the Best!!! That's my thoughts exactly when I think about Debbie Olson. Her blog is one of the first I check out each morning. I love her style. From the Copic Marker coloring to the layers of paper, Debbie Olson always provides me with daily inspiration. The original post can be seen here. I love the card I used for inspiration for all the Cosmo Cricket pattern paper, buttons, and scallops.


Debbie uses a lot of Cosmo Cricket paper so I thought I should as well!!! (no enabling happening here, right?)

So below is my take on the card. I love how the red cross-stitches in this Cosmo Cricket paper add an unexpected pop of color to the card making the red buttons a perfect match.


I used the new medium scallop die. I love off-setting the scallops to create more movement on the card as well. I left the ends of the bow straight on purpose since there are so many curves with the scallops.


You can't go wrong when you use the Blooming Buttons stamp set! It has so many great images and sentiments.


Thanks for hopping by! Enjoy all the wonderful inspiration tonight. ~Rhonda


Supplies used:
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Honey Pie:Megan, PTI ripe avocado, spring moss
Stamps: PTI Blooming Button Bits, Turning a New Leaf
Ink: versamark, PTI spring moss
Ribbon: PTI spring moss
Accessories: PTI med border die, Nesties - lg rect  and lg rect scallop, buttons from Grandma's button box

43 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! Loving the scallops! Great job with the challenge!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. That red really does 'pop' nicely! I wish I had bought those scallops...you have used them perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the scallops! You are so right about the pop of red!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bold red too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did such a nice job! I love the pop of the red!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!! Love that double row of scallops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, the red in the crosstitch paper really does POP those buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the red! A beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous!! What a great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card; can't wait to get my scalloped dies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so sweet--it has all of my favorite things ---scallopes, buttons, and the button bit stamp set :) You did a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cosmo Cricket paper, Yay! Love the red buttons that you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cosmo is awesome & love your scallops!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the way you layered your scallops. It almost looks like decorative shingle work on a Victorian house. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful job on the card Rhonda! I love how you taken all the different patterns and made it work on this card. My eye goes straight to your focal image but the rest of your card is so interesting that it makes me look at the entire piece. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a really nice card Rhonda, very Debbie Olson-ish. You used the perfect papers for this and really made their patterns work. Really nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card! I cant wait till PTI gets those scallop dies back in stock! I am so jealous that you got them! :) I love button bits too and you did an awesome job with this!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I almost used that card too! Very cute rendition of Debbie's card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice job! Love the double scallops and the red flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those red buttons are so pretty against all those pastels. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved Debbie's card, too, and saved it for future inspiration :) Your card looks awesome, Rhonda! The red button flowers make such a great focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't think you can go wrong with Cosmo Cricket. Ever. And this is a fab take on Debbie's card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful card! You can never go wrong with Debbie Olson who makes a gorgeous card and you did her proud. I can't wait to discover more on your blog later.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this! I am so hooked on Cosmo Cricket paper too and every time I see something on Debbie's blog, I love it more. Wonderful job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those red buttons really draw the eyes into the center, but then the paper is so interesting that adds a great element too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Je suis en admiration devant tes cartes, elles sont vraiment magnifiques
    bravo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Rhonda ........ I love your card!! So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great take on Debbie's card. Love those off-set scallops and the red buttons are perfect for the flowers. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love all the scalloped layers on this!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Rhonda, Beautiful card, gorgeous color combination. Very very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Pretty card, Rhonda. I love your papers.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love all the layers and textures you've created on this gem.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very pretty!! Love all of the button bits sets!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your card is SO pretty! I love the stamp sets you used and the Cosmo Cricket paper is perfect for this! And the pop of red on the buttons is wonderful! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great card - love the button bits!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. your project is lovely...love that Cosmo Cricket too...and you're right, you can't go wrong with button bits :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback!! Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Life is full of interesting pieces. I am grateful that I can combine my love of stamping, organization, and DIY projects.

BeStill52

KIM KLASSEN dot COM

Followers

Grab My Button

Blog Archive

Mojo Monday Blinkie