New Recipe - Stacey's Mexican Soup


Do you ever read the recipes in the paper or a magazine and wonder who would ever fix that one? So. . . I was surprised to find a recipe in our local paper that I wanted to make and prepared it the same night!! With all the ingredients on hand, this could not have been easier. It had just enough spice to be perfect for a cold evening.



Stacey’s Mexican Soup – Super easy and quick
Makes 6 servings


1 cup water
1 cup instant rice (I used 2)
1 10-ounce can Rotel tomatoes
1 14-ounce can chili beans (I used 2)
1 14-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 14-ounce can chicken broth
1 package fajita seasoning
2 cups cooked chopped chicken (I used a Swanson canned chicken for ease)
Bunch of cilantro, chopped (didn’t use)
Shredded Mexican cheese blend, for garnish


1. Heat water in a large pot over stove and add rice. Turn down heat to low while preparing other ingredients.


2. Add all other ingredients except cheese and heat thoroughly. Ladle into -bowls and top with shredded cheese.


Nutritional analysis per serving: 458 calories, 15 grams fat, 49 grams carbohydrates, 34 grams protein, 65 milligrams cholesterol, 1,855 milligrams sodium, 7 grams dietary fiber, 28 percent of calories from fat.

Happy Cooking! ~Rhonda

5 comments:

  1. Mmmm! this sounds good! Thanks for sharing and showing a picture of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!! I need to try it!! Sounds delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks Yummy! I love making soups will have to give it a try. I don't like cilantro either. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback!! Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Life is full of interesting pieces. I am grateful that I can combine my love of stamping, organization, and DIY projects.

BeStill52

KIM KLASSEN dot COM

Followers

Grab My Button

Blog Archive

Mojo Monday Blinkie