Precious and few are friends like YOU!


First off DID you KNOW that February 13th is Stamp Collectors Day!


Stamp collecting is called Philately. Nobody knows who collected the first stamps, but it is now considered a rewarding and relaxing hobby. It is also educational. Learning about stamps teaches us about the currency, history, and customs of different countries. There are more than a half million stamps issued worldwide with thousands more being released each year.

I think everyone reading this blog would probably be considered a stamp collector too!!!! PTI Release anyone???


The Papertrey challenge today is to design some type of floral embellishment--Design a floral embellishment, then create a card using one and and an acetate sheet of them to share.


Well I have to say this one has been fun! I had recently purchased the Sizzix Flower Layers #3 die which make this so easy. I used the negative (or is it the positive) paper outline from the die as the background for the card front. The ribbon is PTI's Lemon Tart Twill. Pop dots give the flowers on the front a little lift.

I used 3 different pattern papers and ran them through the Big Shot. Mix up the papers, add an Enchanted Evening button tied with white cotton peale thread and you are Done!


For the inside, I cut a strip of paper and only put adhesive on the botton so I could slide the acetate sheet with the embellies in. I stamped the sentiment from Blooming Button Bits in Enchanted Evening Ink.


Are you watching the Olympics?  Have a great weekend everyone! ~Rhonda


13 comments:

  1. This colour combo is great! Fun flowers! Great job with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card, love the embellies you made! :)

    I watched a little bit of the opening ceremony yesterday, but haven't had a chance to watch any of the competition today. LOL, I can't stop watching "Annie" over and over and over... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda I LOVE it!! The colors are so pretty and your flowers are FABULOUS!
    Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda, your flowers are SO PRETTY! I love them. And you commented that you are trying to 'keep up with me' on posts. Don't worry. I'll be in Florida soon. I'm not scheduling anything for the Ink Spot after the PTI release. It'll be break time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flower embellies came out great! Love the colors you used too. We are watching the Olympics. Emilia is eagerly awaiting the figure skating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No Olympics here yet. Maybe today! Your flowers and embellies came out great ~ great job. I haven't had time to complete that challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card! Love your flowers!! I have only seen bits & pieces of the Olympics. We were out of town from Friday until about 2 hours ago so I'm just getting emails & posts checked. I'm sure we will be watching some of the events in the next few days! Of course, tonight is the BIG PTI release!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great embellies and your card is fab Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great card and embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH so sweet - I love your embellishments! Great job!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and embellies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice collection of embellishments! I don't think the style of stamp I collect would qualify me as a philatelist, we'll have to come up with a special term for ourselves . .. I wonder if it matters if it is rubber or acrylic. :) Cute creations.

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback!! Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Life is full of interesting pieces. I am grateful that I can combine my love of stamping, organization, and DIY projects.

BeStill52

KIM KLASSEN dot COM

Followers

Grab My Button

Blog Archive

Mojo Monday Blinkie