Postcard Stationary - August PTI Blog Hop


 
I enjoy participating in the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop each month. I love the inspiration photo and the idea of postcard style stationary for the challenge this month. I didn't stray to far from the inspiration piece.


I decided to use embossing powder to create the bold punch of border color. As you can see from my picture there is nothing precise in the method but it looks great. If you want to a see a video of this technique you can watch Jennifer McGuire here.


I hope you can see the shine that the embossing powder adds to the edge. It is so pretty.
 

Part of the challenge was to make sure we didn't forget the envelope as we made our design. I used the A2 Envelope Liner die to cut the pattern paper for the envelopes. I find this is a great way to use up super busy paper.


The packaging was the final element. A glassine bag tied with ribbon and a tag with stripes across the bottom to echo the cards. 


Thanks for stopping by! ~Rhonda 






Hello and Thank You postcard stationary
stamps: PTI - Wet Paint, Petal Pusher
paper: PTI - Stamper's Select White; Basic Grey - Bowties (envelopes)
ink: Versamark
other: PTI - A2 Envelope liner; MFT - Blueprints #1; Zing - Cricket and Powder (that is the name of the color) Embossing powder

Hello tag
stamps: PTI - Wonderful Words: Hello; Reverse Confetti - So Stripey
paper: PTI - Stamper's Select White
ink: Versamark
other: PTI - Tremendous Tags; Zing Powder embossing powder; Verve - Spring Fling Collection of ribbon; Hobby Lobby - White cotton perle; glassine bag - stash



13 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the edging... what a great idea! Thanks for the nice comment you left on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous stationary sets Rhonda. Love the way you edged your cards with embossing, I have done this with gold embossing powder, it's a great effect. Great matching envelopes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set of stationary cards, Rhonda. I really like the envelope liners too! I'm going to use up some of my neglected patterned papers to make these!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo pretty - love the colors and envy liners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Great technique thank you for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great cards! Love the bold papers lining the envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful--love the glittery borders! Love your pretty liner papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rhonda, what a beautiful set of cards!
    I love your take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful gift set! I think the brightly coloured embossed edges adds a lot to the cards. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card set! You really nailed the packaging too :)

    Have a fabulous and crafty day!
    Amber
    Stampin On Stuff

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback!! Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Life is full of interesting pieces. I am grateful that I can combine my love of stamping, organization, and DIY projects.

BeStill52

KIM KLASSEN dot COM

Followers

Grab My Button

Blog Archive

Mojo Monday Blinkie