May Peace be your Gift . . PTI Oct Blog Hop



 

It's time for PTI's Blog Hop once again. This month it is all about breaking out of your comfort zone and trying out some non-traditional color schemes for a holiday card or tag!
 

Nicole Heady put together six non-traditional holiday color schemes to chose from. I selected the colors of Pine Feather, Oceans Tide, Pure Poppy, and Vintage Cream.


My starting point - I had just received these clear boxes (3 different styles) from Pick Your Plum. It's an online deal of the day. I have had great luck picking up some fun items for a great price. 


Box #1 uses the largest Seeing Stars die cut from Ocean Tides pattern paper as the base. A scallop circle from the Limitless Layers: 1 3/4" Circle die cut from Pine Feather paper is next. The top is stamped with images from Countdown to Christmas in Ocean Tide ink.


Box #2 makes me HAPPY! A fun bow created with the Loopsy-Daisy die collection. The largest die left "open" followed by tulle that I gathered and then an Ocean Tide felt bow tied with a Pure Poppy button is all it took. The sentiment is from Holiday Lights. This is the 1st time I have used this sentiment. It stamped beautifully in Pine Feather ink.



Box #3 is a pillow box. I cut four trees from the Love Lives Here: Holiday die collection and glue them together to create a 3-D embellishment. The sentiment is from Layered Postmarks: Holiday. I don't know if you noticed this but the sentiments in this set are right justified which really give you extra room on tags for embellishments.  The 2nd tag has the gift recipients " initial" on a tag made from Fillable Frame #9 and the Block Alphabet Upper die collection.



A card to go with this ensemble was easy to create with the leftovers. Strips of pattern paper, a star die embossed with the By the Numbers impression plate and the sentiment popped up.


 
Hope you have fun hopping and gets LOTS of inspiration. ~Rhonda

22 comments:

  1. Rhonda love all your very happy, bright projects. The clear boxes seem to be very popular . I can see why , so fun to decorate. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your projects esp box #2.Looking at it makes me happy too! - Irma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love what you did here! Details make each project. Have to use these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda your packaging is just beautiful and so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have the most amazing projects! All of these fun boxes make me happy! And I'm really wanting to try that color combo now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so fun, love your projects!!! Great color choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your party ensemble is wonderful! I love the boxes, and you did a great job with the color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You have been busy making all those wonderful tags and bows and card. Love them all. Nice job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely set and a great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all great. Love your use of the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what a beautiful set of projects! I don't think I would have chosen this color combination, but I absolutely LOVE it after seeing your items! Fantastic job. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. fab gift packaging- you are super organised

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you used this color palette - beautiful, fun projects!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful projects! Love it all. The bow is gorgeous! And I liked all the tags.

    ReplyDelete
  15. MARVELOUS! I personally, thought this was THE hardest combo of them all, and you TOTALLY nailed it! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun set of gift packages. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These all make ME happy too, so we have something in common : ) Great projects you shared today, Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful ensemble you have here. The colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These projects brought a smile to my face! Super cheerful and fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback!! Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Life is full of interesting pieces. I am grateful that I can combine my love of stamping, organization, and DIY projects.

BeStill52

KIM KLASSEN dot COM

Followers

Grab My Button

Blog Archive

Mojo Monday Blinkie