Speak the truth even if your voice shakes.




Verve July Diva Dare. This month's dare pays tribute to Julee, owner and creator of Verve Stamps and Diva Teresa.  Julee has created countless, uplifting sentiments which have become one of Verve's trademarks, and Teresa knows how to rock distressing and "shabbiness" on her cards.  So we dare you to create a card using an uplifting sentiment and some distressing and/or shabby element to it.  


I took the dare and I'm so pleased with the result. All the soft colors looks so pretty. I also benefited from this feather tutorial that Melissa Phillips did. I had a blast trying this and it added just the perfect touch to this card. I also roughed up the edges of my paper to get some of the shabby look.
 

I so hope your week is starting out great! ~Rhonda

 

Speak the Truth card
stamps: Verve - Words of Wisdom
paper: Authentique - Be(YOU)tiful, PTI - Kraft, Vintage Cream; Hobby Lobby - Dot Vellum
ink: PTI Kraft, Chamomile
dies: PTI - Spiral Notebook, Ruby Rose, Happiness in Bloom, Beautiful Blooms #2 & #3; Spellbinders Classic Squares
other: cheesecloth; Cream Hug Snug ribbon; PTI - Lemon Tart button, twine, kraft felt

6 comments:

  1. Oh how I LOVE that sentiment! Your vellum leaves and gauze flower are wonderful!! Thanks for joining us for this month's Diva Dare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marisa. I was pretty excited at how it turned out. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, this is simply scrumptious. Love the earthy tones and softness to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your beautiful polka dotted feathers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara, have you tried the tutorial yet? It was fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback!! Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Life is full of interesting pieces. I am grateful that I can combine my love of stamping, organization, and DIY projects.

BeStill52

KIM KLASSEN dot COM

Followers

Grab My Button

Blog Archive

Mojo Monday Blinkie