Dr. Seuss Coin Purse


 

While cruisin' the dollar aisle at Target I found this cute Dr. Seuss bag. I don't know the name of the material but it feels kind of like vinyl. I thought it would be cute cut up for little coin purses. 


 I used pieces from the handle to create the tab for the metal ring.



My original intent was to give this to a small child but I had found when working with Phoebe Comfort Dog that I couldn't carry a purse so I put my ID and some cash in the coin purse and attached it to my lanyard. It worked like a charm and even started a few conversations with children who loved Dr. Seuss books. You can see me wearing it here when we were in Arkansas after the tornadoes that hit in April.



I even made a larger one for all of Phoebe's hospital ID badges that she wears. Phoebe has so much stuff in her blue bag that having the bright Dr. Seuss pouch in easy to locate.

 

I need to make several more as other handlers are requesting them.~Rhonda

Dr. Seuss coin purse
material: Target Dollar Spot tote bag
other: PTI - Coin Purse die; Zippit 4" zipper; floss for sewing; stash d-ring 

9 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea Rhonda...love this and especially love the pic of you and all those sweet dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever of you to remake your Target purchase into something more useful! Loved reading your post and seeing the pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nadine. I am enjoying crafts and dogs. :)

      Delete
  3. Your purse is so adorable--what a great idea! TFS the photos. It must be wonderful to work with those awesome dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea! LOVE this! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a fabulous idea for a coin purse! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you've used a "Target find" for your coin purse. I bet it will be very durable as you work with the dogs. I love that you made a little pouch for Phoebe too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great find and wonderful idea to use that material for a coin purse. Love how y ou are using it too. It looks great on the lanyard.

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback!! Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Life is full of interesting pieces. I am grateful that I can combine my love of stamping, organization, and DIY projects.

BeStill52

KIM KLASSEN dot COM

Followers

Grab My Button

Mojo Monday Blinkie