Thankful Thursday #1


Happy 2012 Everyone!!! Do you still take the long walk down your driveway each morning to pick up the morning paper? I DO!!! I still love to eat my morning Cheerios while reading the newspaper. Did you happen to read the article in the Parade Magazine on Sunday by John Kralik called Up Your Gratitude? In 2008 he began a year of thank-yous. You can Google to find the complete article.

I thought as a card maker this would be a worthy challenge for myself and should be easy!!! Ya RIGHT!! But I decided I would try. But after just a couple of days, I'm already getting legalistic with myself so set a few ground rules. The card doesn't have to be handmade ----GASP--- and if I don't write one each day at least once a week. This would be more than last year. 
I am also going to do Thankful Thursday on my blog. I would love for you to link up and play along. I can use the accountability.


My first cards are actually postcard Christmas thank yous. Just turn them over and start writing.

I hope you will join me in thanking those who have impacted your life!! ~ Rhonda

supplies:
stamps: PTI A Big Thank You
paper: Authentique - Wonder Collection; PTI - Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss
ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
other: PTI double ended banner die



7 comments:

  1. These are wonderful. I'll link up a thank you card I recently posted using Rosie Posie. This is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the postcard idea. Love the simplicity of the Pattern paper with the sentiment. Very nice cards.
    Good luck with your goal. Like Joyce, I am going to link up a Christmas thank you card too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Love your cards too. I hope to play along soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea Rhonda!I don't think we can ever be too grateful! Your Christmas collage cards are beautiful - and those stripes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea but can I start after the school year?? I am making birthday cards for all the staff at the school and I think I have 16 this month YIKES!!! But I LOVE LOVE LOVE the postcard idea and I think I might do that for some of the card I have to do because it is a ton of card stock!!! I really love the Christmas collage stamps/cards/paper ....... Happy New Year~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read that post too and thought the idea was wonderful! I like your Thankful Thursday concept too! I plan to link a Christmas thank you soon. LOVE the postcard idea--your cards are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great project you have set for yourself. I do hope to join in at least once a month. Making and using postcards is a great idea too. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback!! Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Life is full of interesting pieces. I am grateful that I can combine my love of stamping, organization, and DIY projects.

BeStill52

KIM KLASSEN dot COM

Followers

Grab My Button

Blog Archive

Mojo Monday Blinkie